Monday, July 27, 2009

It seems pretty surreal


At first, I was a Freshman and looking around on the web, I came across AFS, which looked fairly reputable, and gave it a chance, signed up for the booklet for the hell of it.
I talked to my parent's about it, who talked it over and Actually gave me a shot at it [something which really shocked me :P]
Well, they paid the pre-application fee, another step that excited me. I got the application information in the mail, I could probably scream in happiness even Just at that point.
After a few months, the Final application was finished and sent in, I couldn't really believe it, they were letting me go across the world on my own.
I was accepted, I went to the orientation, my passport came, my visa was accepted, I was guaranteed admission. This was all within the time period of a month or two.
And now I'm here, 18 days [about two and a half weeks] from getting on the plane in Newark and landing in Sweden for a life of who knows what. [Yes, I Am washing my sheets :P]
[I also really need to use a real camera XD]

I'm hanging out with my friends a lot just before I go, I'll talk with my family in NJ when I'm up there literally JUST before I go, Maybe I'll even have a party to talk with friends before I leave.
Either way, It doesn't FEEL like I'm leaving, aside from the giant duffel bag of clothes and things crowding up my floor...Which I still actually have to go through and decide exactly what I want and what I need.

Well, Adjö så länge!*
I need to make my bed and such...

* There you go Robin, corrected just for you ;D
NOW TEACH ME SWEDISH -hinthint-

0 comments:

Post a Comment