Thursday, June 25, 2009

I never thought..

I'd be feeling this nervous.
At first I was just excited, my dream had come true, been realized.
But I've realized I'm eight weeks away from traveling halfway around the world WithOUT knowing what people I'm going to be staying with, or even Where.
I don't speak the language and I won't have any family to lament to.
Don't even come close to getting me wrong.
I'm EXTREMELY excited and anxious to go.
I can't believe I have the type of parent's who trust me this much and are allowing me to do this, not to mention the absolute luck I have as far as getting in.
I think Sweden will be fantastic no matter whether it differs from what I thought or not, and I'm going to do my damndest to get the best out of this as I can.
It's not better, it's not worse, it's just different.
But that still leaves me as the non-Swedish speaker in a Swedish high-school, and apparently the weird American no one wants in their homes.
I Can't wait to go on one hand, the time of my life.
And on the other, I'm scared to leave home as the deadline nears.
With each big leap accomplishment in the application process I got more and more excited, and now, along with that I'm getting more and more nervous.
But, I'm ready to take the plunge.
[Once I find a duffle bag of course :P]

0 comments:

Post a Comment